Mountain Angler offers float fishing trips on the Eagle River and the Colorado River:
Colorado River: Mountain Angler is permitted to float over 50 miles of the Upper and Lower Colorado River. A typical float trip will cover 4-8 miles of pristine river, allowing plenty of time to fish prime runs along the way. Mountain Angler also has exclusive put-in and take-out rights at the Yellow Dog Ranch, located 5 miles downstream of State Bridge and 5 miles upstream of Catamount Recreation Area. This allows our clients to avoid the crowds seen in some of the upper stretches and on many days, you will not see another person, let alone another angler. Floating this section of pristine water is amongst the finest float fishing in Colorado!
Eagle River: In recent years, the Eagle River has become one of the most productive rivers in Colorado and float fishing in the early season is the best way to fish it! Mountain Angler floats the Eagle during the months of June and July, and depending on the flows, into August. Call the shop at 970-453-4665 for the latest fishing reports and availability for an Eagle River float trip.
Target species in both the Eagle and Colorado include Brown, Rainbow and Cutthroat Trout.
- ⦿ ~9 Hours Door – Door | Meet at our Shop at 7:15 AM| Return to Breckenridge at ~ 5:00 PM
- ⦿Travel times to float put-ins vary from 60-75 minutes - one way.
- ⦿ All Trips are Private (you will not be added to another group)
- ⦿1-2 Anglers = 1 Boat | 3-4 Anglers = 2 Boats | 5-6 Anglers = 3 Boats
- ⦿COVID: Until further notice, you will drive your own car (following guide) to and from the fishing location and bring your own lunch
- ⦿ Recommended minimum age: 11-12 years old - See FAQs for more
- ⦿Included: Rod, Reel, Waders & Boots
- ⦿Additional costs: Colorado Fishing Licenses, Flies & Gratuity
|# of people||Rate|